Careers at Prior Scientific
Prior Scientific is an exciting and innovative global leader in the design and manufacture of precision instrumentation and optical systems. We produce precision components, microscope automation solutions and OEM solutions. You can view our latest vacancies below, but at Prior we believe in employing the right people is more important than fulfilling any specific vacancy, so if the right people are interested in working for us we will consider applications.
To plan all assembly and machine shop work in a timely manner to ensure delivery of orders to end customer in the time requested. To measure performance, analyse reasons for failure and ensure MRP system remains up to date.
We are looking for an experienced production planner (2yrs+), a good excel user and above all someone who is passionate about what they do and has a continuous improvement focus.
- To plan the daily activities of production and sub-contractors, reporting on progress made in achieving that plan in line with the company’s objectives for “On time Delivery”, “Lead Times” and Turnover.
- To deputise for the Supply Chain Manager and stand in for him as required.
- To carry out the contract review function in a timely manner for all orders coming into the company.
- To ensure that health & safety and environmental precautions are followed and standards of cleanliness and tidiness are maintained.
- To organise, motivate and co-ordinate a team of people ensuring department targets are achieved.
- To work to the company standards and procedures.
- To accurately record transactions on the company MRP and computer systems.
- To work with personnel at all levels and in all departments to resolve operational and quality issues.
- To work to and follow all company policies and procedures
- To use personnel protective equipment as requested by the company.
- To interact with other company personnel, customers, suppliers and visitors in a polite and reasonable manner.
- To look for and actively progress opportunities for continuous improvement within the production environment, especially in relation to Planning and stores functions.
- To resolve any problems with parts or processes as they arise.
- To carry out any other reasonable requests as deemed necessary by the management team.
- Cross train to be able cover other operations within the company at the request of management.
- To attend company training courses as further development in the role.
- Out of hours and weekend working may be required.
To apply for this position please send your cv and a cover letter to email@example.com
Important Information for Employment Agencies
- Prior Scientific operates a Preferred Supplier List (PSL). Please do not submit CV’s to Prior Scientific unless you are part of the PSL and have been engaged regarding a specific vacancy.
- CV’s submitted without consent will not be eligible for any recruitment / introduction fee and will be considered the property of Prior Scientific.
- Please also note that agencies are not permitted to contact line managers directly via email or phone.
- To be considered for the PSL please submit company details including terms of business to firstname.lastname@example.org