Export Sales Engineer – Europe
This role is a first point of contact for customers, distributors and agents who wish to purchase Prior products or services. The purpose is to provide an excellent level of commercial and technical support to existing accounts and prospective customers and in so doing, increase revenues and profits from the assigned territory. The job holder will secure existing accounts and develop new business to maximise their contribution to Prior’s sales and profit targets. This will be achieved using whatever resources are available, and includes regular communication and direct customer visits.
The role is flexible between based in the Prior head office in Cambridge or home based in UK. An estimated level of 30% international overnight travel will be required.
- Providing professional technical sales support to existing potential customers in a timely and efficient manner, thereby producing the highest level of customer confidence in oneself and the Company.
- Develop Prior’s business in the specified territory and achieving the agreed targets for revenue and profitability.
- Achieving the sales targets with a combination of direct sales, telemarketing and where appropriate the evaluation, selection and management of distributors to maximise sales revenues in the assigned territory.
- Strengthening relationships with key accounts in the territory, developing and implementing a key account strategy to secure these accounts.
- Planning, implementing, and monthly reporting of sales activity and forecast business in the territory.
- Implementing and maintaining a customer database, adding, deleting and updating contact details as needed, and synchronising this with the Company database.
- Using customer, market and product knowledge to contribute to marketing and sales plans.
- Developing promotional opportunities to include all aspects of the marketing mix.
- Provide first point of contact support (technical and commercial) to the customer base.
- Assisting colleagues with sales in areas outside the assigned regions.
- Attendance at trade shows.
- Technical support for customers.
- Any other duties as reasonably required.
- Good written and verbal communication in English. Additional European language will be beneficial (ideally French, Spanish, Dutch or Italian).
- Able communicate complex technical and commercial details clearly and simply.
- Engineering, physics or life science degree.
- Technically capable with the ability to help customers understand technical products and help them troubleshoot issues.
- Experienced export sales person and negotiator.
- Accurate worker with attention to detail and a methodical, systematic approach.
- Patient, with good listening and questioning skills, able to appropriately set and manage customer expectations.
- Ability to calm a difficult customer / situation and not inflame them / it.
- Be highly motivated with demonstrative interpersonal, presentation and organisational skills.
- Be energetic, enthusiastic, and hungry for success.
- IT literate, competent with basic data analysis in Excel, documents in Word and ERP systems.
Advantageous to have:
- Knowledge and experience of optics, electro-mechanics, and in particular, microscopy
Location: Prior UK (Fulbourn)
If you are interested in the position please contact Amanda Cox for further information and a full job description.
Phone: +44(0) 1223 881711 Ext. 133