Assist CFO in the production of group company’s accounts. Work with all members of the accounts department (and other departments) to ensure the production of timely and accurate accounts on a monthly and annual basis.
- Ensure daily bank reconciliation are complete
- Produce Prior UK month end cash flow and statistics
- Monthly statutory returns including VAT, intrastat and EC listing
- ONS returns as required
- Any other compliance work as deemed necessary
- The day-to-day efficient running of the department and staff
- The accurate and timely production of UK accounts to print point (& all reconciliations) including capture, accruals, prepayments, fixed assets, inventory, recoveries and sales reporting & budget variances, ready for consolidation
- Produce the Prior UK annual budget and re-forecast to print point, including all discussions/reviews with managers
- Producing, monitoring and maintaining departmental KPIs, including accounts
- Working with other operational managers to resolve company issues
- Mentoring the Assistant Accountant
- Ensure the accurate and timely production of subsidiary accounts under head office control (currently Germany, Japan and China) to print point, ready for consolidation
- Work with 3rd party accounts firms in the subsidiary territories to ensure compliance work is completed in a timely manner including statutory accounts and tax returns
- Produce the subsidiary annual budget and re-forecast to print point, including all discussions/reviews with managers
- Improve efficiencies/processes/procedures/timelines in the department
- Work with IT on any system updates etc that affect the accuracy of the accounts directly or indirectly
- Assist other departments to help ensure the accuracy of the company’s accounts
- Assist in the production of the annual statutory accounts and schedules
- Assist other members of the Accounts department in completion of their duties
- Pro-active approach to other issues including inventory management, production efficiencies to improve the accuracy of company information and processes
- Annual updates/”roll overs” of ERP and accounts
- Help develop and implement a new ERP system
- Other project work as it arises
- Work with other departments/subsidiaries to help meet company goals
- Any other duties as deemed necessary
- Good IT skills, especially spreadsheets
- Good communication skills
- Excellent organisational and numerical skills
- Experience of being a team player
- Ability to analyse problems and define and develop solutions.
- Accounts qualified, part qualified, QBE or equivalent
Competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply, send your CV to email@example.com.
Strictly no agencies
We work with a carefully selected set of recruitment agencies, and we are not looking to add to this roster, so please do not call or email if you are a recruitment agency.
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from eligible and suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender reassignment, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity/paternity.