Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) Manager
Prior Scientific is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Safety, Health, Environment, and Quality (SHEQ) manager to join our team to ensure the continued success of our SHEQ programs.
As SHEQ manager you will be responsible for ensuring continued compliance with relevant regulations and standards, identifying potential risks and implementing effective control measures. Your role will involve conducting regular audits, risk assessments, identifying improvement areas, and managing action plans. You will be responsible for providing training and guidance to employees to promote a strong safety culture throughout the organization.
You will play a key role in leading our ESG program and working with the management team to implement the necessary initiatives. This is a great opportunity to help shape the future of our company.
Primary responsibilities include:
- To act as the company Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental manager.
- To be part of the management team running the day-to-day operations.
- To ensure that quality, health & safety and environmental (SHEQ) procedures and standards are enforced and applied at all times, by all staff.
- To ensure that the company is kept up to date with all relevant legislation and best practice in the areas of quality, Health & safety and environment.
- Ensure training relevant to SHEQ requirements is applied & kept in date, in a timely manner.
- Maintain the company certification to ISO and other standards, as required by the business.
- Manage a successful certification to any new ISO standards, as required by the business.
- To manage and supervise the SHEQ team.
- To write and maintain the company’s procedures in collaboration with applicable department.
- To lead internal audit program & CAPA tracker.
- To represent the company in dealing with interested parties, such as external bodies and customers.
- Lead / take part in customer or supplier audits, reporting, analyzing and taking actions on results.
- Managing Supplier Quality Agreements and ensuring these are understood and met.
- To work towards reducing the company’s carbon footprint and championing sustainable initiatives.
- To report key performance indicators to the directors and manage any actions arising as a result.
- To work with all departments in the resolution of customer complaints / returns.
- To be able to assess and give a decision on the quality of product being manufactured and components.
- To organize and lead the process of management review of the company’s systems, procedures and results.
- To check and assure compliance of both the company and product against legislation such as RoHS, Modern Slavery Act, REACH and other legal and ethical requirements as required by a country’s laws.
- A competitive salary package
- Life Assurance of four times annual salary
- Income protection plan
- Profit-related bonus scheme
- Medicash Tier 1 healthcare
- Paid sabbatical policy
- 24 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- 37.5 hours a week and flexible working
Location: Fulbourn, UK
If you are interested in the position please contact Amanda Cox for further information and a full job description.
Phone: +44(0) 1223 8813050