Machine Shop Technician
We are currently seeking a machine shop technician to be based at our main manufacturing facility in Fulbourn, Cambridge.
The successful candidate will be required to operate all CNC machines in the machine shop as required. You will work as part of a team to meet the production plan as well as achieve the highest possible standard of quality and efficiency in accordance with the company’s health and safety policies.
We will consider applications for apprenticeships for this role.
Primary responsibilities include:
- To set up new products on the CNC machines, writing programs, recording information as required, ensuring output and quality targets are achieved and optimizing production performance.
- Check and maintain tooling in the machine shop, informing the machine shop manager of any requirements for maintenance.
- Ensure output and quality targets are achieved, optimizing process performance to meet this
- To ensure that health & safety and environmental precautions are followed and standards of cleanliness and tidiness are maintained.
- To look for and actively progress opportunities for continuous improvement within the production environment, especially in the machine shop.
- Cross train to be able to set up and run all machines in the machine shop, and be willing to train others in the setting up and running of machines and processes in the machine shop
Secondary responsibilities include:
- To translate information and drawings provided into effective CAM programs.
- Train in the use of the CMM machine and associated measuring techniques.
- To attend company training courses as further development in the role.
A competitive salary package
- 24 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance of four times annual salary
- Income Protection Plan
- Profit Related Bonus Scheme
- Medicash Tier 1 healthcare
- Paid Sabbatical policy
- Working alternate shifts:
- Earlies: Mon to Thurs, 6am to 2pm. Friday 6am to 1pm
- Lates: Mon to Thurs, 1:45pm to 10pm. Friday 12:45pm to 6:45pm
- Both cases 39 hours per week (all breaks paid)
Location: Fulbourn, UK
If you are interested in the position please contact Amanda Cox for further information and a full job description.
Phone: +44(0) 1223 8813050