We are currently seeking an assembly operator to be based at our main manufacturing facility in Fulbourn, Cambridge.
To be part of a team of people working together to meet the production plan to the highest possible standard of quality and efficiency.
Primary Responsibilities and Skills
- To ensure that health & safety and environmental precautions are followed and standards of cleanliness and tidiness are maintained.
- Use personnel protective equipment as requested by the company.
- To work to the company standards and procedures.
- To work within and encourage others to follow the company’s policies for attendance, lateness and break times.
- Be part of a team of people ensuring output and quality targets are achieved, optimising production performance.
- To assemble products as requested using information provided.
- To work through the introduction of new products, recording information as required.
- To keep the company works order systems up to date at all times.
- Check and maintain tools and equipment, informing the Assembly Manager of any requirements.
- Rectify any problems with parts or processes as they arise.
- Train to be able to set up equipment as requested.
- To look for and actively progress opportunities for continuous improvement within the production environment, especially in the assembly area.
- To carry out any other duties deemed necessary by the management team.
Secondary Responsibilities and Skills
- Cross train to be able cover other operators
To attend company training courses as further development in the role.
Weekend working may be required.
- A competitive salary package
- 24 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance of four times annual salary
- Income Protection Plan
- Profit Related Bonus Scheme
- Medicash Tier 1 healthcare
- Paid Sabbatical policy
- 39 hours a week and flexible working
Location: Fulbourn, UK
If you are interested in the position please contact Amanda Cox for further information and a full job description.
Phone: +44(0) 1223 8813050